This is a great opportunity to make a difference in your community, build relationships and work in a team environment. If you like working with school age children, this job is for you!
The City of Menlo Park is looking for responsible and enthusiastic part-time Recreation Leaders and Senior Recreation Leaders to assist in Library and Community Services afterschool programs, sports, events and senior programs.
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven and responsible Recreation Leaders who enjoy working with various youth ages/seniors and creating a fun, safe, positive and thriving environment.
Shifts vary between 7 a.m.–10 p.m. (most positions in sports and events have a later end time while youth/senior programs typically are daytime hours).
About the position
Depending upon the program assigned to, the duties of a Recreation Leader/Senior Recreation Leader may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to open/close facilities
- Monitor, coordinate and run classes
- Set up and break down of events
- Printing rosters for instructors
Arrillaga Family Recreation Center (Events)
- Responsible for opening and closing the building.
- Responsible for set up and clean-up of events and facility rentals.
- Oversee and supervise the Recreation facilities during facility rentals.
- Performing outstanding customer service
- Answering phones
- Basketball, Volleyball and Softball scorekeeping
- Ability to use learn and perform tasks on recreation software systems
- May be responsible for handling money and organizing class sign in sheets.
- Help serving meals
- Help coordinating activities
- Kitchen cooks
Appointment to this position is contingent upon CA Department of Justice fingerprinting criminal history records check (18 and over) or work permit (if under age 18)
Applicants under the age of 18 years are required to obtain a work permit from their school.
Senior Recreation Leader
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of paid experience working in a recreation program-type setting.
- Must have experience supervising children, teens, adults, and/or seniors.
These are non-benefited temporary positions. A temporary employee may not work more than 1000 hours per year and will receive sick leave in accordance with State Law.
- Recreation Leader: $15.00 - $16.03 per hour
- Senior Recreation Leader: $16.03 - $19.13 per hour