File a report online

You may file an online police report and print a confirmation page for your records. After submittal, your report will be reviewed by a staff member. Staff may contact you if additional investigation is needed. A copy of your finalized report can be requested at the Police Records counter after approximately 10-15 business days for $2 per copy.

Please remember, it is a crime to file a false police report.

Do not file an online report if:

  • This an emergency. Instead, call 9-1-1.
  • The incident occurred outside of Menlo Park or on U.S. Highway 101 or I-280. Contact the California Highway Patrol (CHP) instead.
  • You are reporting a hit and run.
  • You are reporting a violent crime such as an assault.
  • You are reporting a crime involving a theft via fraud or a scam.
  • You have suspect information or time sensitive follow-up information, such as surveillance camera footage.
  • You have a maintenance request related to street markings or street light maintenance.
  • You need to report a municipal code violation.
  • The theft of property is valued at more than $950. 

If you do not have an email address or if you are ineligible to file a report online please call 650-330-6300 for help.

The following types of crimes may be reported online:

  • Harassing Phone Calls
  • Lost Property
  • Theft (not fraud related)
  • Vandalism
  • Vehicle Burglary
  • Vehicle Tampering

File a report online


What do I do if online reporting is not right for me?

If you are reporting an emergency, call 911. If it is not an emergency, call 650-330-6300.

What if this happened on a state freeway?

If this took place on a state freeway, please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.

What is a "known suspect"?

A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

If this happened in another city, can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?

No. If a crime took place outside of the City of Menlo Park, please call the police department for that city.