How can I file a police report online?

Please visit our online reporting page for guidelines on filing your report online.

How can I get a parking permit?

There are 3 categories of permit that can be purchased. View information about parking permits online. For questions, please call the Menlo Park Police Department at 650-330-6300.

How can I pay a parking ticket?

Parking tickets need to be mailed to the address on the envelope provided with the parking ticket, or they can be paid online. To pay online, please visit PTicket. For questions, please call the Menlo Park Police Department at 650-330-6300.

How can I pick up a copy of a police report?

Police reports may only be released to authorized parties and according to state law. Reports involving certain types of crime (i.e.; juvenile cases and some sex related crimes) cannot be released to anyone except district attorneys or law enforcement agencies.

For more information, and to determine if a report can be released to you, visit our police records page. For information about the status of your report, please contact the Records Division at 650-330-6310

How can I get my correctable citation signed off?

There is a $15 fee for the Police Records office to sign off a correctable violation. Please note, this fee is separate from the court fee you may be required to pay. Please read the back of your ticket to determine any fees required. The vehicle that was cited must be present for the officer to verify the correction. For questions, please call the police department at 650-330-6300. 

Does Menlo Park Police install child safety seats?

The Menlo Park Police Department has child safety seat technicians available by appointment only. Please call the hotline at 650-330-6397 to schedule an appointment.

Is there an alternate phone number I can program in my phone or cellphone for emergencies?

If you would like to program a phone or cellphone with our emergency number, please use 650-325-4424. This is also the number to call if you are calling from outside of Menlo Park but need to report an emergency that is occurring in Menlo Park. 

Where can I get my fingerprints taken?

The City of Menlo Park no longer does Live Scan fingerprinting on site. There are some local agencies that do, such as the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office Live Scan service. There are also private companies that provide this service and can be found online.

How can I file a complaint for police officer or employee misconduct or report a compliment?

Please visit our compliments and complaints page for guidelines on filing a compliment or a complaint.